Monday, July 5, 2010

The life of the aspiring (wannabe) party planner!!!


birthday party ideas

(Thanks to Top Party Ideas Blog for thier fantastic inspiration and images:)


Basically its me in a nutshell!!! At the moment i am in my element my favourite three months other than decemeber are june,july and August when all three of my children celebrate thier birthdays and both hubby and i do as well.
Honnestly i know the stress the sleepless nights the coffee filled days leading up to these fun filled celebrations are more than enough to put some mums right off opting for stress free parties at playcentres and fast food outlets but for me you cant go past the personal touch of a home party,
There is something about the planning and buying and the making of all things party for that celebration in your little ones life that makes it all worth while.

I am in no means a professional im as amatuer as they come but i like to think that im good at what i do (well my children and thier friends are my biggest fans) im planning to study very soon in the not so distant future party planning/event management focusing mainly on childrens parties and majoring in cake decorating (another little passion).
I love putting the little loving touches that come with a home made party like the little lolly bags and the prizes for games and the food i try to recreate the scene to the best of my ability nothing better than a really good theme for the whole party its so much fun.


And i guess im lucky in the sense that i have some of the most amazing family a girl could ask for both my mum and i work on the kids cakes together my DH more than happy to dress up and act like a child for the day and all the others that love to get involved makes it a super special day for the party child.
An interesting point might i add that recently at my daughters 5th fairy party a child came up to me and said " this is the best party ive ever been too i didnt know you can have a party at your house" I was stunned by this childs statement and it got me thinking have we really opted for convenience over homemade.
I guess for me (whose children have never had a party anywhere else) this was a definate shock to me nothing can be traded for those beautfiull memories and the pride you have in yourself for the wonderful party you create for your child.


When im doing a party i draw inspiration from alot of different sites and bloggers alike this one i especially love: http://karaspartyideas.blogspot.com/
Her amazing ideas and awe ispiring party themes make mums jobs everywhere that much easier its doesnt have to be an extravagant affair but a little hard work before the day makes it rather beautifull for your child.

P.S. Just thought i would share a few of my little parties and thier cake creations:)

No comments:

Post a Comment