Tuesday, July 13, 2010

OUR CHUCKY DOLL IS 1 HOORAY!!!!


Our georgeous amazing little man joshua has turned one today in a typical one year olds manner of opting to play with the giftbags rather than the actual gifts.
This time last year he was a mere 11hrs and 19mins old when he arrived very dramtically into this world through a very intense (and mighty painfull) 7hour prosterior labour that nearly saw mum and bub in theatre but in the end he came as naturally as i had intended weighing a hefty 4.444kg my biggest and longest baby by far.
Oh but what an angel he was so beautfiull i nearly stopped breathing the minute i saw him he was just so sweet and quiet instinctively knowing he had been on this earth before he had a really wise look about him like he was older than his years.
His trademark was his adorning locks of red hair so much hair it was a bet my husband and i had previous to our glorious meeting with our son ' will he be a red head' he would say to me i always knew he would be.
Those first few precious moments made me really happy as i knew despite the dangers and the risks that surrounded this delivery he had arrived and he was safe and those few moments i held him before he was whisked away to the pead were magical he stared up at me only a few minutes old as if to say "hello mummy sorry i caused all this fuss im here now i love you" I had never cried so much in my life other than when my children were born and joshua was no different whilst he was being checked and I was up having a shower my husband stood over him the protective father had kicked in making sure they were treating him carfully asking many questions as a father should i on the other hand was running on full adrenalin and i felt amazing despite being exhausted:)
We had a few precious hours with our new baby boy in delivery just rob joshua and me and it was truly beautiful my husband filled with praise for my efforts and pure joy at his new son and i in absoloute awe at the mammoth effort i had achieved.

Even now a year later he is still this amazing wise little being beyond his years although he know walks eats drinks his own bottles likes to have a chat in his own little language (i understand it) and has this little mischevious streak that all mums with red heads know only to well.
He has developed all the traits of rob and me with a little mix of his own in between he is growing way to fast for my liking though "slow down joshua".
I close with my favourite quote and a few of my favourite pics of my little man:) Happy 1st Birthday Joshua you have blessed our life with such joy we cant wait to see you grow and develop into the amazing man you will be one day we love you with all of our hearts for the rest of our lives and beyond, mummy daddy jamie and caitlyn xoxoxoxoxox

I Loved you the minute you were born, then I saw your face and fell
in love. You were only a minute old but I knew I would die for you
and to this day I still would.This is the miracle of life!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous post, his the cutest kid I know and always will be. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSHUA

    ReplyDelete